Current attendees include: Google, Edelman, Ebay, Consumer Reports, Deutsche Telekom, iVillage, and others.
To register at the early bird rate of $145 ($195 after 1/19) please go here:
Last year’s Unconference East was fantastic, and we expect this years to be even better. We had an amazing group in 2008, including:
AOL, MTV, Consumers Union (consumer reports), Cyworld, Business Week, Socialtext, IBM, Mzinga, Spinvox, Twing.com, Salon.com, Harvard Business, MediaBistro, KickApps, HP, TV Guide and Zagat.com.
We also had an amazing list of sessions, including:
– What is necessary to start a successful social network?
– Social Movements/Communities with a Cause:
– Enterprise And Large Organizations Meets Community
– User Managed Communities: where users make the rules
– Community Building: Resources and Considerations
– Virtual Goods 101
– Social Media Optimization
– Customer/Consumer Communities for Co-Innovation
– Twitter Strategies for the Enterprise
– Culture vs. Community: Intention-based content
– Community Analytics: measuring success & failure
– Social Networks: Likes/dislikes and what you want to know
– Virtual Goods and Virtual World Interactions
– Building Enterprise IT: Colloboration & interface to internal systems (using wikis)
– Open ID & other user-centric identity technologies (Higgins, Infocards, SAML)
You can see pictures from the 2008 Unconference here:
OCU East 2008 Wiki
The wiki is available if you would like to read the session notes:
Again, to register at the early bird rate of $145 ($195 after 1/19) please go here:
If you currently drive the community or social media strategy for your organization, and you are in (or will be in) the NYC area on 2/11, I would encourage you to come check it out!
We also have several sponsor opportunities open for this Unconference. If you are looking for a cost-effective way to reach NYC community and social media professionals, please contact me about our sponsorship options.
We are about a week away from the The Online Community Unconference East. There are a fantastic group of organizations coming, including:
- Alliance to Save Energy
- Business Week Digital
- Changing The Present
- Consumers Union
- Family Justice
- Mercy Corps
- Patricia Seybold Group
- Showtime Networks Inc
- Texas Instruments
- TV Guide Online
We have about 15 tickets remaining, and we expect to sell out this week. To register, go to http://ocueast.eventbrite.com.
We are holding a handful of “scholarship” tickets for those that are still in school, or those whose budgets are tight. Please email me directly to inquire about one of these tickets.