File under: blog posts I never thought I would be writing – but excited that I am.
It’s been an interesting journey to get here (and I’m certain it will continue to be), but I’m very pleased to announce that we will hosting the Online Community Unconference in Mountain View, CA on May 21ist.
The Unconference planning team is rooted in the #OCTribe meetup and is made up of me, Kaliya Hamlin, Randy Farmer, Scott Moore, Susan Tenby, Gail Williams, Rachel Luxemburg and Maria Ogneva. Our plan is to closely follow the successful format of the Online Community Unconferences that ran from 2007 – 2010 in the Bay Area and New York that I produced when I was at Forum One – specifically:
- Personally inviting key professionals in the industry to ensure a knowledgeable and experienced group
- Adhering to the principles of Open Space Technology to ensure a quality event experience & maximum content – no filler / no talking head keynotes and no recycled presentations that you’ve seen from “noted experts” at other conferences. This is about real professionals having real conversations
- A great location in the Computer History Museum
- A commitment to document the proceedings – see an example of the Book of Proceedings from the OCU 2009.
- A fun and collegial environment
I’ll have more details as we get closer to the date, but the key things for now are:
- Registration is open now with early bird rates @ $85
- We are currently looking for a modest amount of sponsorship (feel free to email me)
- Our hashtag is #OCU2013
- We hope you can join us on 5/21!
And lastly… its nice to be back :)